REVEN Open Demo and Open Lab videos
On March 19th, 2021, we did an Open Demo to present REVEN Timeless Analysis and Debugging Platform and its main features throught demonstrations. We recorded those demonstrations to enable everyone to discover REVEN. The 1h video is accessible below. It gives a good overview of how to:
- Record a trace
- Do an interactive analysis of a crash, a vulnerability, a proof of concept, or a patch using AXION (REVEN GUI),
- Use the API to automate part of the analysis
- Leverage several REVEN key features to speed-up your RE activities (taint, memory history, etc.), and how these features interact with other static or dynamic tools: IDA, WinDbg, etc.
Video chapters are available to navigate between subjects.
The OpenDemo was followed 1 week later (03/26) by an Open Lab (workshop). Each participant took the driving seat using a REVEN instance that we provided on the cloud. The purpose was to analyze:
- A program crash
- CVE-2020-16898: Microsoft Windows TCP/IP Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2020-17087 (if time permits): Windows Kernel Local Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability
The video recording of the event is available below and will allow you to dive into real vulnerability analysis with REVEN.