REVEN OpenLab - Feb 18th, 2021
Join us on February 18th for an Open Lab where you will analyze 2 recent CVEs using REVEN Timeless Analysis and Debugging Platform.
After a short introduction, you will take the driving seat (each participant gets her/his own REVEN instance) to analyze:
- A program crash
- CVE-2020-16898: Microsoft Windows TCP/IP Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2020-17087 (if time permits): Windows Kernel Local Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability
After that you will know how to:
- Record a trace
- Do an interactive analysis of a crash, a vulnerability, a proof of concept, or a patch using AXION (REVEN GUI),
- Use the API to automate part of the analysis
- Leverage several REVEN key features to speed-up your RE activities (taint, memory history, etc.), and how these features interact with other static or dynamic tools: IDA, WinDbg, etc.
This lab won’t cover Malware analysis using REVEN (stay tuned for a future lab).
Registration are open here.